Saturday, July 08, 2006

Can I get a Whoop!


John got to do something very exciting about a week ago - order his Aggie ring. Whoop! He'll be getting it on September 14th. Since both beer and ice cream are out, I'm not sure what he'll be dunking it in...powerade maybe? What he'd probably like best is to have them stick it in one of those giant steaks at Sommerville. That might be a first. :) We'll finally have two 'o1 rings in this house! Now I just need to get that Knox rings print...

Last weekend my mother & grandmother came to visit us. It was Mamaw's first time to see our house with furniture & everything. I'll have to take some pictures and post them the next time the house is clean for those of you who haven't visited.

We had a great visit. Then Monday, us girls headed to Houston where we met two of my sisters, Val & Sabrina, at the Galleria. I don't know anyone who would have the stamina for one of the Gray girls' shopping marathons. We procured wheelchairs for Mom & Mamaw and then spent the next 6 hours roaming around the Galleria. Val & I stayed after the others headed home and we shopped on Westheimer until 9pm. OK, we did take a small break at PF Changs - yum! It was an awesome day! Oh, and while us girls were living it up, John did get to play golf with Tristin & Jeff so he had fun too. ;)

For the Fourth, John & I had a nice, quiet day. We watched the fireworks over the George Bush library that night. It had been a long time since either of us had been to a fireworks display - it was gorgeous.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

6 hours at the Galleria? You go girl. I can hardly last 6 minutes! Not a shopper. Hope all is well. We need to get together some time.