Thursday, January 17, 2008

Photography

I love photography, even though I'll never go beyond amateur status. I love the beautiful images and the idea of capturing a moment.

The Library of Congress just put a ton of images from their archives up on Flickr. It's amazing to see the photos from the 20th century - most are gorgeous, without the aid of tools such as photoshop. Here are a few of my favs from a search for "Texas":





I am excited about Photoshop personally though. I recently tried a couple of tutorials and here are the results:

Original photograph with slight edits from software that came with camera


Here it is with some tweaking


Another tweaked version with no color & more blur


I'm very excited to learn more about Photoshop and I'll get to attend two classes on this in Feburary.

No comments: