Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Update after day one

Here's the update after day one of the new job. It went pretty well I think (I tend towards cautious optimism on these types of things rather than being overly effusive but I am getting pretty psyched). I'm very fortunate in that I'm being trained by the woman I'm replacing, Debbie, who has a weath of knowledge about this position. She took me on a tour of the Forestry school & introduced me to almost all the professors and staff. Everyone was really nice and the school is really cool. I think the job is definitely what I've had in mind to transition to and I'm really going to enjoy it, but there are just a lot of details to learn. Being back in Nac working was a bit surreal but nice. I was able to stop by and have lunch with my mom, which was great. And once I'm on full time, I hope to start working out during lunch at the school's facilities with my sisters.

Still looking on the housing front. I think we need a weekend where we're not already booked. I was busy this past weekend with my little sis's bridal shower and John was tied up with a fishing-bachelor party for his cousin. We also had to book it back to BCS Saturday night because John had a Sunday morning breakfast to help out with.

We had our first Crown financial class on Sunday evening and I think it's going to be really great. Realizing everything you think you own really belongs to God is difficult sometimes but is also very liberating. After the class was over I had to drive back to Nac to spend the night at my mom's for my first day of work. I thought about it on the drive back to Bryan Monday evening - for the next 3 months (til John graduates in May) I'll be doing that drive at least once per weekend. That's a lot of driving. But at least after May, I probably won't be driving like that for a while unless it's for something fun. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

So now that you have been at work for a while...how are you liking it?? Miss you guys!! If you ever come to the DFW area, we need to have a A&M get together

LisaN said...

I've checked your blog several times, but it's still this post. We miss you, Christy! Come back to blog land! :-)